Saturday, January 3, 2009

Big Dreams




So Shelby comes to me about her birthday cake and says that she wants a cake like a wedding cake.  Ok, I can do that.  Just a layered cake, right?  Well, apparently not.  Last night, she brought me the picture of the cake that she wanted after she saw me making the one that I THOUGHT would work for her.
Before I go any further, let me remind you that I work at one of the premier wedding venues in the Twin Cities.  I am the manager there and I have brought Shelby to work from time to time. The girl is IN LOVE with weddings.  It is all that she talks about.  For Christmas she wanted to buy everyone wedding rings instead of a gift.  Now, that would have been fine with me if she got me a new sparkly, but Jason was not very supportive of her great idea.  For Shelby to ask me to make her a wedding cake was not that big of a deal, it is something that I would expect to hear from her.  So......because I work in the wedding industry, I often have wedding and catering magazines around the house.  She found the one that she was looking for and ran it over to me and showed me the "real wedding cake" that she was hoping to have for her birthday.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
So watch out, Martha!  Bridget is on the cake scene!  I may not be featured in the upcoming spring issue, but if she needs any baking advice, I'm sure her people will get in touch with my people :)
Happy Birthday my little creative one.........

No comments: