Tuesday, December 30, 2008

It has been a while....



I know, I need to post more pictures.  The good news is that I have a ton of new pictures and stories to tell.  The bad news is that I have a ton of new pictures and stories to tell.  Let us begin with Halloween 2008.......
I had this great idea to make Shelby her costume this year.  Please keep in mind that I have not sewn since we moved into our new house in 2004.  Shelby and I (strong guidance from me, I will admit) decided on  Dorothy costume.  No glitter, no tulle, just fabric and buttons.  If you look closely, I forgot to add the buttons, so perhaps I should say just fabric.  I gave myself plenty of time.....weeks, in fact.  But somehow I found myself hand stitching the hem the morning of the school party.  I sent her to school with a few trimmings still incomplete, but luckily she was sent home sick that day and never got to wear it at school.  That gave me one more day to finish it before she needed it for dance.  The pictures posted are of Shelby and her friend, Ashley.  She was a good Dorothy!  Tyler lucked out this year and escaped the camera as well as my sewing.  He was dressed as one of the Star Wars guys.  It is amazing to me that they are still so popular!  I mean, really.  When was the last movie?  I have no idea, but I am sure that my kid does :)

No comments: