Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Street Hockey



It was such a nice evening! The temperature was great and there was no humidity.  We sent the kids outside to play hoping to wear them out. Shelby disappeared somewhere, she usually does. I would love to plant a GPS locater into her little arm.  There is only one little girl in the neighborhood that will tolerate her, so I am sure that is where she went.  Tyler went to play Street Hockey with Chad next door.  Their version is a bit less interactive than what you are thinking, I'm sure.  They just did a lot of sliding the ball back and fourth to each other and even more chasing it down the street. They can skate (sort of) but the stick handling needs a bit of work.  Good practice for the upcoming hockey season. I know it is only July, but registration ends in just two weeks.  It is crazy.  There is such a high level of pressure put on kids these days.  I know that it starts at home, I don't need the lecture.  But really, if they don't start to participate in things now, they will never catch up!  I know, I am feeding into it.  As long as I can afford to put them in therapy, we will all be fine :)

Turns out Shelby was at that little girls house.  She came home for dessert, imagine that.  Too bad she doesn't know that she has gone sugar free!

Love,
The Eckerts

No comments: